At Madrasah Tajweedul Quran, we believe that a “thorough and balanced” syllabus is central to the success of a Madrasah. It is for this reason; a lot of thought, time and consultation goes into devising the syllabus. Similarly, we revisit the syllabus every year, taking feedback from teachers to ascertain areas of improvement and changes that may be required to enhance the learning experience of our pupils.
We currently use books and resources from the following curriculum providers:
- Understanding Series (our in-house publications)
However, we strongly believe that other aspects such as the following are equally important:
- Stimulating teaching methods where pupils are engaged and challenged.
- An understanding and appreciation of how pupils learn best.
- Structured lessons, where there is time for teaching, listening to Sabaq and revision.
- A passion and motivation to impart Islamic knowledge.
To achieve this, we have teacher training sessions via regular insets, meetings, updates etc, where the focus is sharing ideas and good practice, with the aim of continuous professional development of all our teachers.
“Our overall objective is to nurture a well-rounded, active and ethical individual, confident in his Islamic faith.”
The links on this page contain the following:
- The detailed syllabi of all classes for the academic year 2017-18.
- An overview of the various syllabi of all the classes for the academic year 2017-18.